Radarsign™ manufactures the world’s first armored radar speed signs that are scientifically-proven to reduce drivers’ speeds. Two base models—the TC-500 and the TC-1000—and available options provide customized solutions designed to fit specific needs.
|Armored, weather tight, vandal resilient and bullet resistant||The proprietary Bashplate™—engineered from an eight-pound slab of aircraft aluminum—makes Radarsign products the toughest on the market. The signs are:
|AC, Battery, and Solar powered models are available||Multiple power source options provide flexibility for Radarsign customers|
|Directional cones surround every LED||Used exclusively by Radarsign, the cone-shaped reflectors—conceptually similar to those used in flashlights—direct the light forward, making it brighter without the energy demands of similar products||
Viewable at 500 feet
Viewable at 1000 feet
|Affordable||Low start-up cost and no scheduled maintenance costs provide a high return on investment|
|Green technology and design||Solar power options, coupled with the use of smaller batteries and the use of recycled aluminum housing materials provide a smart, ecologically friendly solution|
|Compact solar panels
(on solar models)
|Radarsign’s unique energy management system uses solar panels that are 40 – 60 percent smaller to provide a less expensive, 24/7 traffic calming solution|
|Wireless operational capabilities||Bluetooth™ technology allows data download to a portable computer without climbing a pole, opening the sign or physically connecting to the sign via cables|
|Energy efficient and cost-effective||Proprietary HTX™ technology helps makes Radarsign products the most energy efficient on the market.
|Dependable in extreme temperature conditions||The Radarsign driver feedback signs operate in temperatures ranging from -40 to 138 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Multiple faceplate options||Following Federal MUTCD-standards, Radarsign faceplates and signs are available in multiple sizes and colors—white, safety orange and fluorescent yellow-green||
24” x 21” or
24” x 26’
36” x 44”
|Programmable violator alerts||Our radar speed signs offer users the ability to choose from multiple light flashing speeds to alert speeders|
|Community Friendly||Speed humps—often the knee-jerk response to slow speeding drivers—also slow the response of emergency vehicles, add wear and tear to vehicles, increase traffic noise in neighborhoods and communities and can cause pain to the elderly and those with physical ailments|
|Portable designs||Our battery powered radar sign offers unmatched versatility. The sign can be mounted on thousands of existing poles where speed trailers cannot be safely used. The locking mount bracket provides security for the sign and allows for a 15-second mounting process. The same radar sign can be used on trailer-hitch mounts and our Mobile Patrol stand.|
|Guaranteed parts and labor||Radarsign products come with a 2-year warranty that includes parts and labor, and—unlike other manufacturers—covers batteries|
Available Options Include:
- StreetSmart™ data collection software provides easy-to-understand reports through graphs and charts
- EZ Comm-easy to use, secure cellular-based sign management system with a 15 month pre-programmable calendar.
- External Trigger Device Option- Add-on technology that allows the activation of external devices from the radar speed sign based on speed and/or time, and temperature
- Sign poles—mobile patrol stand, portable trailer-hitch mount, basic aluminum with breakaway base or architecturally styled, black-fluted with breakaway base
- Pre-fabricated form for pouring concrete pole base
- Extended third-year warranty
- School zone safety package available with flashing beacons
- An independent speed study conducted by the City of Bellevue [Wash.] Transportation Department at ten locations—where radar speed signs had been installed for six or more years—found that the signs’ effectiveness continued to increase over time: 60 percent of drivers reduced speed by 10 mph.
- Radarsign data from Alpharetta, Ga. confirms a more than 25 percent drop in speeding drivers in weeks one and 109, more than two years after installation.
In 2004, Atlanta-based Radarsign™ established new industry standards for traffic-calming solutions with the debut of the world’s first armored driver feedback signs, which are vandal, weather and bullet-resistant. The industry’s most durable radar signs are also the most ecological and energy efficient. Engineered and manufactured in the USA, Radarsign products are MUTCD-compliant and utilize recycled aluminum, innovative LED reflector technology, minimal battery power and solar panels to deliver bright, easy-to-read feedback to drivers. Radarsign products are scientifically proven to reduce drivers’ speeds and have been entrusted to provide safe and effective traffic-calming solutions for: municipalities, treasured national parks, schools, neighborhoods, military bases, and private and public development projects across the U.S., Canada and overseas. www.Radarsign.com