Key features of our radar speed signs include:
Directional Beam Technology
- Delivers a higher quality display for drivers, even in bright sunlight
- Radarsign’s proprietary design includes LED cones, magnifying the intensity of the light
- Delivers exceptional visibility by pinpointing light directly to the view of approaching drivers
Heavy-duty aircraft aluminum housing
- Makes Radarsign products the most vandal resistant signs available
- A 3/8” armored Bashplate™ protects LEDs and internal components
- Even 40 caliber bullets fired from point blank range did not penetrate the Bashplate or do massive internal damage to the sign
Available in two LED display sizes:
- 12″ LED display with a 24″w x 21″h YOUR SPEED faceplate with 3-inch lettering
- 12″ LED display with a 24″w x 26″h YOUR SPEED faceplate with 4-inch lettering
- 17″ LED display with a 36″w x 44″h YOUR SPEED faceplate with 6-inch lettering
Four daily timers
- Enable the radar speed sign to operate during user-defined times of day or to turn the sign off at night
- 15month calendar based pre-programming available with EZ Comm (optional)
- Provides flexible scheduling capabilities for schools, business campus settings, and neighborhoods
- Activation of external devices from the radar speed sign based on speed and/or time, or temperature available with External Device Trigger System (optional)
- Flashes actual speed to alert drivers they are exceeding the posted limit.
- Two speeds of flashing alerts are standard
- On the TC-1000 models, a SLOW DOWN alert message option is available.
Display on-off feature
- Allows traffic data collection to continue even when the LED display is off
- Allows comparison of traffic data with the sign off compared with the sign on, proving its effectiveness in slowing speeders down
- MUTCD compliant
- NEMA 4R level compliant housing
- Lexan cover provides maximum UV protection and is abrasion, shatter, and graffiti resistant.
Sign Communication and Management
- Bluetooth® communication allows wireless operation of the radar speed sign and data download to a portable computer from the comfort of a nearby vehicle. With Bluetooth®, sign settings can be changed and data downloaded without climbing a pole, opening the sign or physically connecting to the sign via cables.
EZ Comm (optional) is a cellular based remote sign management system with a 15 month pre-programmable calendar. Provides central management from a single browser-based user interface saving time, fuel, training, and personnel. Automatic download of daily traffic statistics.