Our radar speed signs are attractive, easy to operate, and constructed with a rugged design for long life.
Radar Speed Sign Features include:
Directional Beam Technology
- Delivers a higher quality display for drivers, even in bright sunlight
- Radarsign’s proprietary design includes LED cones, magnifying the intensity of the light
- Delivers exceptional visibility by pinpointing light directly to the view of approaching drivers
- Automatically adjusts the intensity of LEDs to ambient light conditions for maximum visibility
- Heavy-duty aircraft aluminum housing
- Thick armored Bashplate™ and Makrolon® polycarbonate cover protect the LEDs and internal components from abuse, vandalism and weather
- Makes Radarsign products the most vandal resistant signs available on the market today
- Even 40 caliber bullets fired from point blank range did not penetrate the Bashplate, preventing internal damage to the sign
Available in Three Sizes:
- 11″ display with a 24″w x 21″h YOUR SPEED faceplate with 3″ high lettering (TC-400 readable up to 400 feet away)
- 13″ full matrix display with a 28″w x 33″h YOUR SPEED faceplate with 4″ high lettering (TC-600 readable up to 600 feet away)
- 17″ display with a 36″w x 44″h YOUR SPEED faceplate with 6″ high lettering (TC-1000 readable up to 1000 feet away)
- Faceplates are available in white, fluorescent yellow/green, or safety orange.
|Slow flash of speed||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fast flash of speed||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Flashing SLOW DOWN message||No||Yes||Yes|
|Flashing TOO FAST message||No||Yes||No|
|Simulated camera flash and white strobe||No||Yes
|Red/blue flashing strobe||No||Yes (optional)||No|
Display On-Off Feature
- Allows traffic data collection to continue even when the LED display is off (stealth mode)
- Allows comparison of traffic data with the sign off compared with the sign on, proving its effectiveness in slowing speeders down
Four Daily Timers
- Enable the radar speed sign to operate during user-defined times of day or to turn the sign off at night
- Provides flexible scheduling capabilities for schools, business campus settings, and neighborhoods
- Available in solar powered, battery powered or AC powered models
- Solar and battery models will operate for +/- 2 weeks on fully charged batteries.
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality System
- 100% MUTCD compliant
- NEMA 3R (TC-400) and NEMA 4R (TC-600 and TC-1000) level compliant housing
- Makrolon® polycarbonate cover provides maximum UV protection and is abrasion, shatter, and graffiti resistant.
Sign Communication Options
- Allows access to program signs from any web enabled device (Apple, Android, and Windows devices, etc.)
- Requires no proprietary or custom software to operate
- WPA2 encrypted security
- Password protected
- Range of up to 300 feet from sign
Wi-Fi provides numerous capabilities and benefits over Bluetooth.
- 10x faster, two weeks of download data takes less than 10 seconds
- 10x range, typical Bluetooth range is 10 to 30 feet. Wi-Fi is operational up to 300 feet away, allowing the user to remain in their vehicle, whether across the street, down the block, or behind the sign
- BYOD, bring your own device: use any smart phone, tablet, or laptop that has Wi-Fi and a web browser
- Easy interface for anyone familiar with going to a website
- No more custom software required, just go to the radar sign’s web address, and a web page for operation pops up
- OTA (over the air) updates: Allows the wireless delivery of software updates and upgrades directly to the radar speed sign. This is not possible with Bluetooth.
- No more Bluetooth issues with pairing codes and Com Port numbers
EZ Comm (optional) is a cellular based remote sign management system with a 15 month pre-programmable calendar. Provides central management from a single browser-based user interface.(optional)