Speeding in neighborhoods and residential areas is the most common citizen complaint issued to police departments and city council representatives throughout the United States. Neighborhood speeding creates a danger to pedestrians, to bicyclists and especially to children. Radar speed signs provide effective traffic calming and make neighborhood streets safer for everyone.
- Speeders will slow down up to 80% of the time when alerted by a radar sign
- Typical speed reductions are 10-20%.
- Overall compliance with the posted speed limit will go up by 30-60%.
Safety in a Box™
This all inclusive sign package is a great neighborhood traffic calming solution. It’s easy to order, requires no configuration and has everything needed for installation except the shovel and the concrete. All that is required is digging a hole, pouring the concrete, and installing the sign. It’s that easy.
Traffic Calming Effectiveness of Radar Speed Signs
Radarsign’s systems provide an effective, neighborhood traffic calming solution because they alert drivers of their speed. The fatality rate in residential zones due to car accidents is nearly 3 times the rate on highways.
Traffic Calming Benefits of a Neighborhood Radar Speed Sign
- Slower speeds = Safer streets
- Slower speeds = Lower emissions
- Slower speeds = Higher perceived value in home pricing
- Avoids all the negatives of speed humps including:
- Slower response times of emergency vehicles: police, fire and ambulance
- Added wear and tear on your vehicle
- Increased noise
- Pits neighbor against neighbor (for vs. against)
- Required expense of maintenance
- Perceived neighborhood speeding problem could lower house values
Which radar sign is right for your neighborhood traffic calming needs?
Radarsign has a variety of radar speed sign models and radar speed sign bundles to choose from. See which one is right for you.
1 *A.J. McLean, “Vehicle Speeds and the Incidence of Fatal Pedestrian Collisions”, Federal Office of Road Safety