What are radar speed signs?
Radar speed signs, also known as driver feedback signs or radar speed displays, are traffic calming devices designed to slow speeders down by alerting them of their speed. They are being used across the country, and around the world, because they are effective at slowing speeding drivers down.
- Speeders will slow down up to 80% of the time when alerted by a radar sign
- Typical speed reductions are 10-20%.
- Overall compliance with the posted speed limit will go up by 30-60%.
- Radar signs are particularly effective at getting “super speeders”—speeders driving 20 mph or more over the posted speed limit—to slow down
Why do they work?
Radar signs are effective because of Feedback Loops, a simple concept which states:
“Provide people with information about their actions in real time (or something close to it), then give them an opportunity to change those actions, pushing them toward better behaviors. Action, information, reaction.”
Read more on The Science Behind Radar Signs’ Ability to Change Driver Behavior
Why choose Radarsign?
Radarsign offers a variety of radar speed sign models that are attractive, easy to operate, and affordable. Our signs are:
- Constructed with an industrial design for durability
- Weather, vandal, and graffiti resistant
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Equipped with OTA technology
- MUTCD compliant
- ISO 9001 Certified Quality Systems
- Effective, reliable, and affordable