How much does a radar speed sign cost?
There are several things to consider, as radar speed sign products available today are far from a commodity.
- Depending on power supply, size, manufacturer, warranty period, features, and options desired for your specific application, the cost of a radar speed sign can range from $1900 up to $7500.
- There is no one model that meets all the traffic calming needs of every person interested in making their streets safer.
How will the sign be used?
- Will it be moved to different locations regularly?
- Would you like it to be easily relocatable by one person, with no tools?
- Or is there a problem area where the sign will be in a permanent location, helping make the road safer for all, for years to come?
What are the typical speeds on the road you are looking to place the sign?
- Buying too big of a sign might give you the look of the Hubble telescope dropping onto the road, and certainly won’t provide you any more effectiveness.
- You end up paying more for increased size with no additional safety benefit.
How do you plan to power the sign?
- Is AC power readily available or would solar with backup batteries be a better fit for the location?
Is a vandal resistant design and anti-vandal functions important to you?
- Do you prefer a sign so well built that it can withstand aggressive vandalism, even gunshots, as well as some accidents where vehicles have collided with the sign? Ours signs are built like a tank.
- All Radarsign models have a protective aluminum Bashplate™ with integrated LED reflector cones and a polycarbonate shield to protect the LEDs and the internal components of the sign from abuse or vandalism.
Do you like the idea of being able to operate the sign with a Wi-Fi connection from your cell phone, tablet, or laptop, with no special app required?
- Is ease of use important to you?
- All Radarsign models are Wi-Fi enabled with a communication range of up to 300 feet, providing a direct connection between our sign and most web enabled devices (Android and iOS | Windows and Apple); Allows for quick and easy sign operation and data download.
Is it important to you to be able to vary the alerts to speeding drivers, including word alerts like SLOW DOWN, and TOO FAST, or even offer a strobe that simulates a camera flash, or one with a red/blue police alert?
How about having to install only one box on the pole, the radar speed sign?
- Many manufacturers stick their backup batteries into a second box that must be installed in addition to the radar speed sign. Our batteries are contained within the radar speed sign housing.
Do you like the idea of collecting traffic data regarding counts and speeds?
- Our Streetsmart program will do that for you, pinpointing by date and time of day when speeding the worst, and how high the speeds are.
- Plus our Streetsmart Traffic Data Collection and Reporting software is a LIFETIME license per sign, with a ONE-time charge with NO recurring fee.
Do you want to be able to operate your sign remotely from anywhere, and have traffic data uploaded to the Cloud every day?
Or, would you rather visit the sign for operation and data collection, and avoid an annual fee for Cloud access? Radarsign offers both options.
Does it matter to you that the radar speed sign is imported from another country, or built and serviced in the United States?
- Our signs are engineered and built in Marietta, GA, and serviced here too!
- If for any reason your sign needs to be serviced or sent back to us for repair, all repairs will be done at our corporate headquarters in Marietta GA, not shipped out of the country for repair.
Is the reputation of the manufacturer important to you?
- Does it matter to you that they are responsive and have very high customer satisfaction levels?
- One-third of Radarsign’s business every year is repeat business from happy customers! (check out hundreds of testimonials on our website).
To compare the features and options of each of the Radarsign models, please refer to our Model and Options Comparison Chart to determine which Radarsign model best serves your traffic calming needs.