- News Releases
- Industry Insights
- Radarsign Leadership
- Traffic Calming Stats
- History of Company Growth
- Founder Bios
- World’s first manufacturer of armored radar speed signs
- MUTCD compliant and scientifically proven to be effective
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Durable: bullet proof, shock absorbent and scientifically proven to be effective
- Founded by: a former Georgia State Trooper turned high-tech business manager; a laser-optics, electrography and microprocessor engineer; and a sales and marketing executive
- Where: 50 states, Canada and on military bases around the world
1220 Kennestone Circle
Marietta, Ga. 30066
- Website: www.radarsign.com
Radarsign® is the manufacturer of the world’s first armored radar speed signs. Scientifically proven to reduce speeding, Radarsign products solve traffic calming problems without impacting the environment, roads or driver comfort. All Radarsign products are MUTCD compliant and they are designed and manufactured in the USA.
The armored design—exclusively available from Radarsign—was born out of a desire to build radar speed signs that were dependable, high-performing and attractive. As a result, Radarsign’s distinctive driver feedback signs are:
- Shock absorbent, vandal resistant, hurricane proof, blizzard-proof, and bulletproof.
- Directional beam technology delivers a higher quality, easy-to-read display for drivers, in bright sunlight, or at night, under any weather conditions. Radarsign’s proprietary design includes LED cones that magnify the intensity of the light, delivering exceptional visibility by pinpointing light directly to the view of approaching drivers. Automatically adjusts the intensity of LEDs to ambient light conditions for maximum visibility
- Affordable, energy efficient and eco-friendly (Battery details and power options)
Radarsign brand radar speed signs are installed throughout North America—in all 50 states and Canada—Puerto Rico and on military bases around the world. Radarsign has been entrusted to provide safe and effective traffic-calming solutions for state DOTs, municipalities, treasured national parks, schools, neighborhoods, and private and public development projects.
The Radarsign Story
Radarsign was founded in 2004 by Ken Bass, a former Georgia State Trooper turned high-tech business manager; Barry Ward, a laser-optics, electrography and microprocessor engineer; and Charlie Robeson, a sales and marketing executive. (Founder bios here).
Creating safe streets is personal to the founders, who live in neighborhoods where speed limits were often ignored. Traffic calming stats confirmed just how unsafe their very own communities could be. As a result, they launched Radarsign with a goal to make roads safer by slowing speeding drivers. By reducing car speeds, Radarsign products save lives and make streets safer for pedestrians, bicyclists, drivers and law-enforcement officers. (National, state and local traffic calming stats here).
Tracy Clement TClement@RobinTracy.com (770) 401-8753