ALPHARETTA, Ga., July 29, 2009–Radarsign™ today announced the company has expanded its already comprehensive traffic safety product line with the addition of a new Child Safety Package featuring a combination of school zone beacons and a driver feedback sign. The flashing beacon and radar sign easily attach to a single pole also holding the regulatory speed limit sign and housing for a battery backup & timer/controller. The Radarsign brand driver feedback sign alerts drivers to their actual speeds. All devices are powered by a single energy source – either a single solar panel or A/C power.
“Transportation department leaders believe beacons are the next requirement for all school zones,” said Charlie Robeson, Director of Sales and Marketing for Radarsign.“We’ve designed these components to fit and work together with ease. Having only one pole with a Radarsign and flashing beacon cuts costs, improves visibility and – most importantly – makes school zones safer.”
The beacons & radar sign can be programmed to turn on during school hours and can be timed with school vacations. Each component is designed to meet the highest quality standards, withstand the toughest weather and provide a reliable, measurable method for slowing traffic in school zones.
- Data collection feature allows safety personnel to measure success in slowing traffic, and provides specifics to intelligently deploy law enforcement, which results in increased safety. – Entire solution works from single power source on a single pole, reducing costs.
- Industry leading energy efficient radar sign design means a smaller solar panel & battery backup and lower cost.
- Integrated design allows the timer/calendar to control both beacons and Radarsign.
- THE market leader in vandal-resistant driver feedback sign design.
- Solar models carry 14 days of backup battery operation, ensuring continuous operation.
- CSP arrives 90% assembled, for easy and quick installation.
- Available in AC or Solar models, also polycarbonate or aluminum housings for beacons.
The force of impact in a vehicular collision doubles with every ten mph increase in speed. Studies routinely show that bringing drivers’ attention to the road, the posted speed limit, and their speed as they approach school zones, slows drivers and makes roads safer.
In 2004, Atlanta-based Radarsign™ established new industry standards for traffic-calming solutions with the debut of the world’s first armored driver feedback signs, which are vandal, weather and bullet-resistant. The industry’s most durable radar signs are also the most ecological and energy efficient. Engineered and manufactured in the USA, Radarsign products are MUTCD-compliant and utilize recycled aluminum, innovative LED reflector technology, minimal battery power and solar panels to deliver bright, easy-to-read feedback to drivers. Radarsign products are scientifically proven to reduce drivers’ speeds and have been entrusted to provide safe and effective traffic-calming solutions for: municipalities, treasured national parks, schools, neighborhoods, military bases, and private and public development projects across the U.S., Canada and overseas. www.Radarsign.com.