One Sign…Multiple Applications
The TC-600 full matrix radar speed sign is one sign with multiple display options and is available in AC and solar power models. The speed and message displays are easily readable up to 600 feet away. The TC-600 is ideal for roads with traffic speeds of 5-70 mph.
TC-600 Full Matrix Radar Speed Sign Specifications
Display and Radar Specifications
YOUR SPEED Faceplate
- 28″W x 33″H YOUR SPEED faceplate with 4″ high lettering (Optional oversized 30″W x 36″H available)
- Ideal for roads with traffic speeds of 5-70 mph
- MUTCD compliant colors and reflectivity
- Available in white, fluorescent yellow/green, safety orange, and yellow
Speed Violator Alerts
- Standard alerts include:
- Slow flash of actual speed
- Fast flash of actual speed
- SLOW DOWN message
- TOO FAST message
- Optional alert choices:
- SHARP CURVE
- Chevrons (right or left facing)
- Smiley face
- Fine alert
- Red/blue strobe (alternating) OR Simulated camera flash and white strobe
- Display speed and word message alerts alternately or individually, based on speed settings
Hyper-Alert™ Compact Flash Technology (Optional)
Hyper-Alerts™ are compact clusters of LED lights built right into the “Your Speed” faceplate of the TC-600 model, delivering an ‘impossible to ignore’ speeder alert in a significantly more compact solution than traditional beacons. By clustering the LEDs into a smaller footprint, the same light from a typical flasher becomes an urgent notification for the driver. Hyper-Alerts™ can be included as an option with new sign purchases, or retrofitted into existing Model TC-600 radar speed signs.
- Type: K Band, single direction Doppler radar; FCC part 15 compliant; no license required
- Sensor Range: Detects vehicles up to 1200 feet
- Beam Width: 12 degrees, +/- 2 degrees
- Operating Frequency: 24.125 GHz, +/- 50 MHz
- Accuracy: +/- 1.0 mph
- Speed Detection Range: 5 – 127 mph
Power Options / Battery Specifications
TC-600S (Solar Powered) Full Matrix Radar Speed Sign
- Solar Panel Output: 50 watt standard (25″ x 19″), 65 watt optional (31″ x 26.5″)
- Solar Panel Output with Hyper-Alert options:
- 50 watt solar panel for maximum 4 hour daily operation
- 65 watt for maximum 10 hour daily operation
- 90 watt for 24/7 operation
- 120 watt for high volume traffic and cold temperatures
- Power Supply: Two 12-volt,18 amp/hour AGM batteries (UL recognized); provides up to 14 days of backup operation on fully charged batteries
- Solar Charge Controller: Manages the flow of solar energy input (up to 120 watts) from solar panel to battery
- Low battery cut-off feature provides intelligent battery management
- Battery Status: Can check battery charge levels and solar amperage via Wi-Fi
- Power Consumption:< 2.0 amps in active mode; Idle mode < 1/2 watt
- Circuit Breaker: Multi-circuit, 3x 10 amp fuses
- Pole Mount Solar Bracket: Side of pole mount with adjustable angle bracket
There are two solar panel sizes to choose from, a 50 watt panel or a 65 watt panel.
- 50 watt solar panel (25″ x 19″)
The TC-600S will run efficiently enough to operate 24/7 in most of the United States geography. Even a week of total darkness would not keep either sign from operating. Another benefit of the 50 watt panel is that it is small enough to be unobtrusive in a neighborhood setting.
- 65 watt solar panel (31″ x 26.5″)
Recommended for locations in northern latitudes and for sites where traffic volume is very high ( > 10,000 vehicles per day ).
Refer to the US City solar energy averages summary to determine the hours per day of solar energy where you live. Once you have determined the solar energy hours of your location refer to the traffic volume and power estimates summary to determine what size solar panel you need.
TC-600A (AC Powered) Full Matrix Radar Speed Sign:
- Power Supply: Hard wire to 100V-240V power supply
- Power Consumption:< 2.0 amps in active mode; Idle mode < 1/2 watt
- Circuit Breaker: Multi-circuit, 10 amp fuses
Weight and Operating Temperatures
- TC-600S (Solar Powered): 41 lbs., (67 lbs. with batteries);
TC-600S (Solar Powered) with Hyper-Alerts™: 47 lbs., (73 w/ batteries)
- TC-600A (AC Powered): 41 lbs.
TC-600 with Hyper-Alerts™: 47 lbs.
- -40⁰ F to +160⁰ F
Radar Speed Sign Housing
- Dimensions:18.5″H x 26.25″W x 5.0″D
- Thickness: .1875″ to .25″ thick heavy-duty aluminum
- NEMA 4 level compliant
- Humidity Maximum: 100%
- Non-sealed and ventilated
- Single housing design means no separate battery box to mount
- Provides maximum protection from the elements and vandalism
Bashplate© with LED cones
- Internal .375″ aluminum shield over LED display to protect components from abuse or vandalism.
- Directional beam technology: Individual holes for each LED focus and reflect light toward the road, providing the highest quality viewable display with mini-mum energy usage
- 2 digits, 13″ high super bright amber LEDs (life up to 100,000 hours)
- Easily readable up to 600 feet
- Display brightness control: Automatic intensity adjustment to ambient light conditions for maximum visibility
Polycarbonate Display Cover
- .25” thick protective sheet covers entire display area
- Abrasion, graffiti and shatter resistant; UV protection
- Setup Functions: Easy to follow menu – software managed, no mechanical switches to operate
- Daily timers: Allow 4 on/off timer settings per day, also by day of week. Settings allow lower speed limits for school zone times and for late night display shutoff. (Optional Advanced Scheduler available with all models)
- Stealth mode: Display on-off feature allows traffic data collection to continue even when the display is off
- “Possum Switch” activation feature allows the sign to “play dead” for 30 minutes if attacked with force
- Maximum speed cutoff: Prevents unwanted high speed displays; up to 99 mph; discourages “racing” of sign. Choice of flashing matrix, or LED display cutoff
Wi-Fi Enabled (No Internet Required)
- No internet required. Manage your radar speed sign with phone, tablet, or laptop.
- WPA2 encrypted security
- Password protection
- Connection range up to 300 feet from sign
Wi-Fi capabilities and benefits over Bluetooth
- 10x faster, two weeks of download data takes less than 10 seconds
- 10x range, typical Bluetooth range is 10 to 30 feet. Wi-Fi is operational up to 300 feet away, allowing the user to remain in their vehicle, whether across the street, down the block, or behind the sign
- BYOD (bring your own device): use any smart phone, tablet, or laptop that has Wi-Fi and a web browser
- OTA software updates (over the air): Allows the wireless delivery of software updates and upgrades directly to the radar speed sign. This is not possible with Bluetooth.
- No more Bluetooth issues with pairing codes and Com Port numbers
Traffic Data Reporting Option
StreetSmart Traffic Data Reporting (optional)
The radar speed sign records traffic data that can be used to confirm date, time, and severity of speeding problem. Reporting requires optional StreetSmart to generate charts and graphs.
- Use StreetSmart traffic data reporting software to report, organize, and analyze speed and traffic data
- The information collected by the radar sign is loaded into Excel™ready .csv files, and can generate 35 charts and graphs.
Radar Speed Sign Data Storage
- System Storage Capacity: Stores data on up to 5 million vehicles
- Retains data for retrieval for 12 months
- 2 year warranty on parts and labor; including batteries
- Exceptions: Does not cover malicious abuse, theft, or damage due to unauthorized modification
- Optional third year warranty extension available