The TC-600 full matrix radar speed sign is available in AC and solar power models. The TC-600 speed display is easily readable up to 600 feet away, and is ideal for roads with a speed limit of 10-45 mph.
TC-600 Full Matrix Radar Speed Sign Specifications
TC-600S (Solar Powered) Full Matrix Radar Speed Sign:
- Solar Panel Output: 40 watt standard, 65 watt optional
- Power Supply: Two 12-volt,18 amp/hour AGM batteries (UL recognized); provides up to 14 days of operation.
- Battery Controller: Manages the flow of solar energy input (up to 85w) from solar panel to battery
- Pole Mount Solar Bracket: Side of pole mount with adjustable angle bracket
- Software Control: SmartCharge® software prevents overcharging and intelligent shutdown when battery falls below acceptable voltage; auto restart when sufficiently recharged.
- Battery Status: Via Wi-Fi, can check battery charge levels and solar amperage
- Power Consumption:< 2.0 amps in active mode; Idle mode < 1/2 watt; Circuit Breaker: Multi-circuit, 3x 10 amp fuses
TC-600A (AC Powered) Full Matrix Radar Speed Sign:
- Power Supply: Hard wire to 100V-240V power supply
- Power Consumption:< 2.0 amps in active mode; Idle mode < 1/2 watt;
- Circuit Breaker: Multi-circuit, 10 amp fuses
Radar Speed Sign Housing
- Dimensions:18.5″H x 26.25″W x 5.0″D
- Thickness: .1875″ to .25″ thick heavy-duty aluminum
- NEMA 4 level compliant
- Humidity Maximum: 100%
- Non-sealed and ventilated
- Provides maximum protection from the elements and vandalism
Bashplate™ with LED cones
- Internal .375″ aluminum shield over LED display to protect components from abuse or vandalism.
- Individual holes for each LED focus and reflect light toward the road, providing the highest quality viewable display with minimum energy usage.
- 2 digits, 13″ high super bright amber LEDs (life up to 100,000 hours)
- Easily readable up to 600 feet
- Automatic intensity adjustment to ambient light conditions for maximum visibility
- Provides directed viewing of display to oncoming traffic
Makrolon® Polycarbonate Display Cover
- .25” thick protective sheet covers entire display area
- Abrasion, graffiti and shatter resistant
- UV protection
Weight and Operating Temperatures
- TC-600S (Solar): 41 lbs., (67 lbs. with batteries)
- TC-600A (AC): 2 digits: 41 lbs.
- -40⁰ F to +138⁰ F
Display and Radar Specification
YOUR SPEED Faceplate
- 28″W x 33″H YOUR SPEED faceplate with 4″ high lettering
- MUTCD compliant colors and reflectivity
- Sized for 10-45 mph speed limit roads
- Available in white, fluorescent yellow/green, or safety orange
Speed Violator Alerts
- Standard alerts include:
- Slow flash of actual speed
- Fast flash of actual speed
- SLOW DOWN message
- TOO FAST message
- Optional alert choices:
- Smiley face
- SHARP CURVE
- Chevrons (right or left facing)
- Simulated camera flash and white strobe
- Red/blue strobe
- Display speed and word message alerts alternately or individually, based on speed settings
Display on-off feature allows traffic data collection continue even when the display is off (stealth mode)
- Type: K Band, single direction Doppler radar; FCC part 15 compliant; no license required
- Sensor Range: Detects vehicles up to 1200 feet
- Beam Width: 12 degrees, +/- 2 degrees
- Operating Frequency: 24.125 GHz, +/- 50 MHz
- Accuracy: +/- 1.0 mph
- Speed Detection Range: 5 – 127 mph
Standard Programming / Wi-Fi / OTA Updates
- On/Off Timer Options: 4 timers per day, also by day of week. Settings allow lower speed limits for school zone times and for late night display shutoff.
- Display On/Off: Allows traffic data collection to continue even when display is off
- Display Brightness Control: Auto adjusts to light conditions, up to 100 levels
- Setup Functions: Easy to follow menu, no mechanical switches to operate
- Maximum Speed Cutoff: Prevents unwanted high speed displays; up to 99 mph; discourages “racing” of sign. Choice of flashing matrix, or LED display cutoff.
- Date/Time Control: Battery backed real-time clock auto-adjusts for daylight savings time.
- Allows access to program signs from most web enabled devices (Apple devices, Android devices, Windows devices, etc.)
- Requires no proprietary or custom software to operate
- WPA2 encrypted security
- Password protection
- Connection range of up to 300 feet from sign
Wi-Fi capabilities and benefits over Bluetooth
- 10x faster, two weeks of download data takes less than 10 seconds
- 10x range, typical Bluetooth range is 10 to 30 feet. Wi-Fi is operational up to 300 feet away, allowing the user to remain in their vehicle, whether across the street, down the block, or behind the sign
- BYOD (bring your own device): use any smart phone, tablet, or laptop that has Wi-Fi and a web browser
- Easy interface for anyone familiar with going to a website
- No more custom software required, just go to the radar sign’s web address, and a web page for operation pops up
- OTA (over the air) updates: Allows the wireless delivery of software updates and upgrades directly to the radar speed sign. This is not possible with Bluetooth.
- No more Bluetooth issues with pairing codes and Com Port numbers
Traffic Data Reporting Option
StreetSmart Traffic Data Reporting (optional)
The radar speed sign records traffic data that can be used to confirm date, time, and severity of speeding problem. Reporting requires optional StreetSmart to generate charts and graphs.
- Use StreetSmart traffic data reporting software to
report, organize, and analyze speed and traffic data
- The information collected by the radar sign is loaded into Excel™ready .csv files, and can generate 35 charts and graphs.
Radar Speed Sign Data Storage
- System Storage Capacity: Stores data on up to 5 million vehicles
- Retains data for retrieval for 12 months
- 2 year warranty on parts and labor; including batteries
- Exceptions: Does not cover malicious abuse, theft, or damage due to unauthorized modification
- Optional third year warranty extension available